[mythtv] Video Conferencing Plugin

Eric A. Litman elitman at yahoo.com
Sun May 2 15:02:31 EDT 2004

"Paul Volkaerts" <paul.volkaerts at lineone.net> writes:

> - Unanswered calls get routed to a VXML script which uses a Text-To-Speech
> engine to either prompt for voicemail or read out the TV guide and allows
> recordings to be scheduled using DTMG keys

Which TTS engine are you using? Festival? If you're going that far, have you
thought of connecting it to Sphinx (http://fife.speech.cs.cmu.edu/sphinx/)
to allow voice control? If you're interested, I can share code with you for
tieing Sphinx-2 to SIP streams.

It would be nice, for video calls, to be able to play an "outgoing video
message" and allow an incoming video message to be recorded.

Can video conversations be archived? My grandmother is 86, lives on the
Other Coast, and just loves the WebTV box I bought her ~ 5 years ago. I'm
going to add a SIP-based video camera to her setup soon so we can video
conference, and would love to be able to archive our calls for myself and
(not too long from now) my kids to view at a later date.

-Eric