[mythtv] Suggested change in oldrecord behaviour

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Mon May 3 17:03:23 EDT 2004

David Engel wrote:

>On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 04:39:37PM +0100, Ed Wildgoose wrote:
>

>>First suggestion would be to disable it completely for single
>>recordings.  The idea here is that if I deliberately set a single
>>

>The oldhistory is already ignored for kSingleRecords.

Hmm, I couldn't see that?  Will retest without my patch again.  Was it
added only in the last few weeks?

>>The second area would be to look at adding a "watched" flag, and then if
>>something is deleted or autoexpired before it is watched then we also
>>remove it from the oldrecorded table.
>>

>Please go read the list archives for the difficulties in doing this.

Haven't done so.  But what I have done so far is add a new field in the
recorded table.  I added a method to set it in ProgramInfo.cpp.  Then in
"PlaybackBox::play" we have a loop that plays the show, at the end of
that we can see whether we have been watching for say, 30 secs or more
and set the flag.  Now the difficulty is how to get a DB connection in
that bit of code, so I guess the best method is to add a helper method
in tv_play since we already have a TV object and just call that...?
This gets us our flag set

Now, I just need to locate the auto-delete and manual delete methods,
and while I am there I can check the flag and remove the old recorded
record at the same time...

What am I missing?

Thanks

Ed W