[mythtv] where to configure datadirect?

David Shay david at shay.net
Thu May 6 13:39:02 EDT 2004

> A better description must find its way into the documentation.  Plus we
have
> to find a way to alert everyone to upgrade to tv_grab_na_dd since zap2it
have
> expressed their intentions to break compatibility with tv_grab_na and many
> people will not know until their EPG runs out of data.  The best way of
> course is for mythtv to check for tv_grab_na_dd at compile time and give
out
> an error.  Also RPM packagers should build their RPMs with dependence on
> xmltv-0.5.32.

Actually, the datadirect internal grabber does not use tv_grab_na_dd or
XMLTV at all.  The parsing code is all internal.  The main new dependency,
however, is wget 1.9.1.  At some point I may try to eliminate that as well.
The internal grabber provides more information than is currently passed by
tv_grab_na_dd anyway.