[mythtv] where to configure datadirect?

IvanK. chepati at yahoo.com
Thu May 6 14:11:28 EDT 2004

Robert,

I looked in the wrong place in the HOWTO.  I see now where the instructions
are.  Do you think it's easier to tell people to run setup and answer yes to
the second question:

Would you like to clear all program/channel
settings before starting configuration? [no]

and recreate the video source and inputs again.  Then run mythfilldatabase and
you're set.  I just did this instead of droping tables and recreating them.

This brings another question: perhaps, if not already done, a brief
description of the database is in order in the HOWTO or FAQ.  For example
what every table is for and how it relates to the rest.  The reason I didn't
touch the database, even after backing it up, was because I'm not sure of
relationships between tables...

IvanK.