[mythtv] DVB starting channel

Brian May bam at snoopy.apana.org.au
Thu May 6 18:12:33 EDT 2004

Hello,

I have almost identified one (of the many) problem with DVB channel
changes, perhaps the most serious (for me).

Under certain circumstances (not sure what triggers this yet), mythtv
will write "" as the starting channel to the database.

Whenever trying to watch TV, mythtv needs to know the starting
channel.  Since the starting channel is "", mythtv assumes it is
channel "3", and tries to tune to channel "3". However, there is no
such thing as channel "3" here, so, predictably, it dies every time
with tuning errors. I have to manually tweak the database in order to
get it working again.

This has happened several times now.

Last time this happened, input from PVR350 had crashed and I had to
reboot in order to fix it (not sure if this reboot was related or
not).

Another possible related issue (?) is when I exit X-Windows on this
computer (in order to recover from a crashed frontend), it insists on
entering suspend suspend mode, I don't think this would exactly help
matters.

(this is CVS version 2004-04-02 - yes I know, I really should
upgrade...)
--
Brian May <bam at snoopy.apana.org.au>