[mythtv] Issues Transcoding DVB Recordings

Martin Smith martin at spamcop.net
Sat May 8 03:25:46 EDT 2004

Hi,

I've recently been playing with transcoding my DVB recordings to MPEG4. I've
found a couple of issues.

The first one is fairly trivial. After I transcode a 16:9 recording and play it
back Myth now thinks its 4:3. Selecting the right zoom manually solves this one.

The second thing I've found is that nothing except Myth can play back the
transcoded file. E.g. if I feed it to mplayer I get a mountain of errors. Xine
tries to play it but fails.

I can't believe this can be a general problem with transcoding so it seems
likely it's something to do with DVB.

Martin