[mythtv] Myth on embedded Hardware

Tom Stoeveken pra_sem at naaa.de
Mon May 10 03:38:35 EDT 2004

Of which components does MythTv consist?
As far as I understand there was first this NuppelVideoPlayer which uses
FFmpeg. Then Isaac R. took the Nuppel Code and based his C++ Classes on
top of this Player. So we have different projects and  typedefs in our
sourcecode, right?

Is it right that the backend records ether in RTJpeg or in MPEG4? Since
these two formats are fast on a PC, my embedded hw only supports MPEG2 -
it is not fast enough to decode MPEG4/RTjpeg without hw support. Is it
right that the backend (running on a PC) may transcode the material to
MPEG2, so my frontend on my embedded hw needs only a mpeg2 decoder for
watching TV/Video?

Very basic questions, but to figure out these issues from the source
takes longer than to ask.
Thanks in advance,
Tom