[mythtv] i've put ebuilds for cvs version of myth and associated modules up on the web

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue May 11 09:43:50 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 11 May 2004 08:01, Drew Whittle wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-05-11 at 19:59, Simon Kenyon wrote:
> > if anyone is interested i've put up a set of ebuild files for the
> > cvs version of mythtv and the eight modules on a web site. i've
> > also put there an ebuild for ivtv with chris kennedy's patches (64i
> > is what i used - the latest as of sometime yesterday).
>
> This is a no no.
>
> If people aren't capable of getting the src from cvs themselves then
> they shouldn't be using the cvs version.
>
> Trust me, you don't want to do this, (and I know from past experience
> that Issac doesn't like it either)

This is a great argument except for one point -- Axel Thimm already
maintains RPMs for Myth CVS at ATrpms.  See here:

	http://www.atrpms.net/dist/fc1/myth-cvs/

I believe this was OK'ed by Isaac, as long as they're maintained in the
'bleeding' section of the repository with plenty of warnings/
disclaimers.

-JAC