[mythtv] i've put ebuilds for cvs version of myth andassociated modules up on the web

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Tue May 11 14:12:01 EDT 2004

Ben de Luca (bedel) wrote:

> cvs update; make install
>
> its not that hard

Gentoo is a packaging system around source files.  If you install stuff
then it tracks it and removes *all* that cruft at a later stage when you
upgrade or re-install

So when cvs changes version it clears out all those old 0.15 files and
puts in the 0.16 files... make install doesn't do this.

I have my own gentoo ebuilds for cvs and use them a lot for the modules
that I don't have my own local development on.  This means that when I
put in a new main mythtv I can just "emerge" the main modules, and build
my custom ones and then I'm up and running again.  Very convenient

Ed W