[mythtv] Mythtv+nexus-s dvb+dish network

Steele Price steele at xtcp.net
Tue May 11 16:57:03 EDT 2004

Even if you bought a subscription, technically, you are still breaking
the law by hooking up a nexus-s because it's bypassing the encryption.
The DMCA and the passing of the Broadcast Flag are making this even more
restrictive every day it seems.

There is a solution for VDR (the softcam plugin) to get DN and it would
not be all that difficult to port it to myth.  I mentioned it once a
long time ago and it was met with less than enthusiastic support.

Your best bet to legally do this (which really blows IMO) is to hook a
PVR-2/350 up to your echostar box and use lirc to control the channels.

Steele Price
CTO
Digital Dreamshop, LLC.
http://steeleprice.net