[mythtv] scheduler bug with multiple cards

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Thu May 13 10:38:02 EDT 2004

On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 12:58:19PM +0200, Oscar Carlsson wrote:
> HM> Similar: I have Myth set to start recording 3 minutes before the
> HM> scheduled time and finish 10 minutes after. When I have back to
> HM> back recordings (but not two at the same time), Myth skips the
> HM> postroll. It could have started the second recording on the other
> HM> card. Our TV stations run shockingly late here (typically 5-8 minutes)
> HM> so the postroll is essential!
>
> Pre/postroll  is  meant  for like "warming up" the card and making sure that the
> real  capture  starts when it's supposed to. What you want is "Start early / End
> late".

Perhaps I was wrong when I said pre/postroll.

I was referring to the settings called 'RecordPreRoll' and
'RecordOverTime' in the settings database table; I can't check what
they're called in the GUI right now.

Anyway, my intention is to capture 10 minutes after a scheduled program
end in case the TV station is running late. I always want that where
possible, so I'd prefer that a second recording started on the other
card if available.

Hamish