[mythtv] DVB alpha-0.4

Barry Smoke barry at arhosting.com
Thu May 13 21:04:51 EDT 2004

I have done plenty of searching,
and what deems it illegal?

If the exact directions were given to take your legal subscribed cam,
and put it here to view your dish on mythtv,
then where is that illegal?

My understanding of the situation is that the DMCA applies to
circumventing security, to solicit theft of services.
What I propose is only directions for getting legal CAM info,
and allow dish viewing in myth with that.
There is no circumvention of Dish hardware for that,
and signals are beamed into our backyards, and if we are paying for them,
we should be able to view them on any medium we see fit.

How is this different than dvd, and decss...?
decss is readily available for plugging into myth, and discussed much
more openly...
We purchased the dvd's for this,
and I remember signing no aggreement that I would only watch them on a
windows pc, or home dvd player.

Write in the functionality,
provide legal information only...
no harm there.

I feel like I am being treated as a theif, and a criminal!

Barry Smoke