[mythtv] Mythweb and Windows Media Player over Samba

bobnvic at everestkc.net bobnvic at everestkc.net
Fri May 14 15:20:07 EDT 2004

Torbjörn Jansson wrote:
> > From my experience, and I may have it set up all wrong on my
> > machine, using
> > the myth:// URL still does not enable the seek bar inside of
> > Windows Media
> > Player.
>
> It shoud work, unless the file has a broken seektable, but in that
> case the
> filters will try to rebuild the seektable, but most players can't
> handlefiles where the length changes.
>
> If you play files that has finished recording seeking shoud always
> work.
> > With some other media players, I can seek backwards, but
> > still cannot move forwards.

I've had the same problem with WMP on WinXP not allowing the file to
seek with the recordings.  This is without backend support since I
still have problems getting that to work with my laptop, although I
have had success with my desktop.  The laptop doesn't have any problems
connecting to mysql to pull up the titles with the explorer extensions
though.

Does DSMYTH need to be updated to work with the latest cvs since the
protocol has now been bumped up to number 8 I believe?  Any chance
of including deinterlacing in the filter or is that solely the
responsibility of the player?

Thanks,
Bob C