[mythtv] Mythweb title sort in mythvideo listings page

Mark Edwards irish at irishmark.co.uk
Mon May 17 12:49:06 EDT 2004

> The mythvideo page in mythweb is sorted by reverse
> alphabetical on the title.  Any reason why it isn't
> done in forward order, which makes a lot more sense
> to me?

I suspect this may be my fault, feel free to patch it, this page was
knocked up very quickly one bored evening.

> Any consideration to making the cover image and/or
> title a link to start playing the file in your
> media player like we have on the recorded programs
> page?  I don't really know php but I should be able
> to figure how to do this with a little reading.
> Anything that I would need to consider in approaching
> this?

The only thing I've been meaning to do is resize the pictures properly
to save bandwidth.
The thing with MythVideo is that it can play all sorts of files that you
might not be able to play from a browser.
E.g. many of my mythvideo files are disk images (vcdz) which (AFAIK)
nothing but mplayer can deal with direct.

Oh another thing that had crossed my mind would be the ability to call
the imdb script, or even alter the descriptions and stuff, but I doubt
if I'll get round to this either.

Mark.