[mythtv] channel changes

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Tue May 18 02:01:53 EDT 2004

>If I look at the logs I see errors along the lines of "timeout error".

You aren't specific, but I think the error you see simply indicates that
the frontend isn't getting data from the backend (that's how it works
even on a single machine).  This is presumably true because the card
isn't supplying data to the backend

Try and split the backend and frontend logs.  You can turn up the
verbosity with "-v all" (I think?)

Also try latest CVS code if you are on 0.14

>I can't answer this. In my case though, it seems to be a competition
>between my PVR350 and Nova-T card, which one can cause the most
>inconvenience :-(.

Try removing one or the other for a while?

It could well be a driver or hardware problem.

Turn up the logging on everything, check kernel logs, etc.  This sounds
like it could be a hardware, not myth problem.

What version of ivtv, dvb and myth are you on.  Try the latest of
everything.

Good luck