[mythtv] RE: New version of windows filters (was:Mythweb andWindows Media Player over Samba)

Torbjörn Jansson torbjorn.jansson at mbox200.swipnet.se
Wed May 19 07:40:59 EDT 2004

> I changed the TCP window size as at:
>
>    <http://rdweb.cns.vt.edu/public/notes/win2k-tcpip.htm>
>
> rebooted and now (at least for some files) the backend log
> shows the "5
>        65536" entries and every thing is dandyish on the
> desktop - some
> a/v synch problems and a few files crash media player but I
> have no real
> details on that yet.

Don't suppose the files that crahsed was mpeg2 files?
Mpeg2 is a bit hard to debug since most mpeg2 filters from dvd players
contains anti debuging code.
For example the nvdvd filters will unregister it self when it detects a
debuger and crash.

> I'll try this on my XP laptop this afternoon, though I'm not sure how
> applicable those tcp params are on a wireless connection.
>
> FWIW IE is subjectively much snappier now as well ;-).
>
> Cheers,
> Duncan

IE? You mean when you play the file directly from mythbackend by clicking on
the links in mythweb?

Once I have fixed the protocl bug you shoud be able to turn on the checkbox
"Always open nuv files from mythbackend" and open any nuv files directly
from a samba share with for example zoomplayer (zoomplayer doesn't know how
to open myth:// url's)