[mythtv] Voice Mail addon

David George david at onyxsoft.com
Thu May 20 08:02:47 EDT 2004

I have been working on a voice mail addon and wanted to get opinions and
give a status update.  I have finished the server part of it that controls
the modem and it plays a greeting, records a message, and inserts a record
into the voicemail table in the mythconverg database.  Currently it
supports the Multitech voice modem using V.253 so it should support other
voice modems as well.  It does support caller id and saves the cid info in
the database also.

I am also working on a notification part for it.  It will be able to send
email notification and SNPP to a pager over the internet for now, with
others coming later.

I haven't started on the frontend part yet.  To be honest I am not a C++
or Qt programmer so there will be a little bit of a learning curve.  I've
only written one C++ program, but I have been programming in C for many
years.

As soon as I do some more cleanup and testing I'll see what I can do about
posting it so anyone interested can give it a try.

Sorry for the cross-posting, but I thought is was something the developers
and users lists may want to know about.

If you would like any additional information or have any
opinions/suggestions feel free to email.

Thanks,
David