[mythtv] PATCH Potential DataDirect icon solution

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu May 20 16:42:53 EDT 2004

"Anduin Withers" <awithers at anduin.com> writes:

>> Why would you need to export/import the icon map?
>
> Because it is a static mapping that would need to be grown and shared to be
> useful.

Hmm..  I suppose.  Is the goal to make some web site where mythtv
users share this information?

>> Is this code like grab_icons_na from xmltv?
>
> No, there is no grabbing involved, simply a static mapping of call sign to
> network to icon location. The idea is to have some source that doesn't rely
> on scraping zap2it for icon information.

I don't see what's so bad with this?  It only happens once, when you
set up the channel lineup.  It's certainly not something that needs to
happen every day like pulling down the channel lineup data.  And xmltv
already has the code to do it.  If nothing else it would be a good way
to "prime the pump" and start building the mappings, no?

-derek