[mythtv] zap2it solution for 0.14 users

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Fri May 21 15:59:43 EDT 2004

The questions about zap2it DirectData usage are coming up again and
again on the users mailing list.  While MythTV may be a project by
developers for developers, the userbase is going to be in for a big
shock when their listings end in a week or so.  I think it would be a
great service for the MythTV developers to provide:

1.  A news posting on the mythtv.org website explaining what has
happened with zap2it so people are aware of the situation
2.  A working developer "sanctioned" 0.14 solution for using zap2it
direct data with MythTV.  Upgrading to CVS is not necessarily an option
for all users. Whether this is a working script for 0.14 or a point
release for 0.14 with direct data support, I don't know.

Kevin