[mythtv] PATCH Potential DataDirect icon solution

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Fri May 21 16:31:49 EDT 2004

> Fair enough.  If the level of automation is exactly the same (i.e.  no
> user input to create the mappings) then I agree 100% that it's a very
> large gain.  However if I have to manually map my stations then I
> whole-heartedly diagree that this is a step forward.

If it will make you happy I'll gladly provide a perl script that can be
thrown in contrib. This could partially automate the process (only partially
because at this point tv_grab_na_icons prompts for input) for those who
wanted it that way.

Basically there is nothing preventing you from mapping call sign to call
sign to URL.

Isaac skipped rather immediately to one of the main reasons, no XMLTV
grabber dependency required. It also provides a more elegant icon solution
to those for which tv_grab_na_icon is unavailable or otherwise undesirable.

Believe me I hate doing anything manually (full stop but go on) which could
be automated. I still believe that a master list could be maintained.
Shortly (with participation) it could make is so that only a few, on rare
occasion, would be required to do anything more than import the master list.

--
Anduin Withers