[mythtv] Some bugs (0.15)

Oscar Carlsson oscar.carlsson at home.se
Sat May 22 05:59:20 EDT 2004

BM> This seemed to work well last time so I'll try again. Here are some bug that
BM> I know of right now.

I'll  add my list as well. 1 has already been brought up and I've commented with
my findings on that issues as well.

 1 -> "Watch recordings" (and possible other places like "Delete recordings",
      the darkening of the background doesn't dim the whole screen but only
      like the first inch or so. This doesn't happen all the time, but for
      instance if you do: i -> Delete or m -> Change group view.

This  is  no  fun  at  all.  I  think  David said it tries to guess what type of
recording  it is and only presents you with those options, something there seems
to be wonky. AFAIK this is when trying to set a recording for a weekly show.

 2 -> When scheduling a recording, the first screen (not advanced) seem to
      set the rectype wrong somtetimes, I think it was when trying to set
      a weekly recording. Ah yeah, setting it to Weekly there, accepting it,
      says "Channel rec" and advanced screen says "Channel rec".. Seems to
      be that as well.. Yeah.. Also, Record One Showing doesn't show up there?

I know Chris Pinkham said he fixed this in his tree but haven't commited it.

 3 -> "Watch recordings" doesn't update the auto-expire icon if you change it
      from the info menu.

This is also a major PITA since it really screws up the recording..

 4 -> It's possible to switch channels during the recording of a show if you
      watch it in-progress and hit a number (might only be true if you use the
      "Switch channels without Select" feature).

This is probably fixed and outdated, haven't used it in a while and this is from
a couple of months ago.

 5 -> MythWeb seems to be confused on alot of things lately.. For example,
      chaning the priority somehow managed to take the recording type
      priority into count. Sometimes the "Record this episode" isn't
      shown when scheduling something. I've also seen the "No of recordings
      to keep" mess up..

No biggie, just an annoyance..

 6 -> Commflag doesn't seem to start if you stop a recording. [Chris P.]

I  think  this  is  a  PAL issue since I don't see anyone else complaining about
this.  If  someone  could  do  a  little  patch  that  spits out useful info for
determining why it thinks it's at the end of a recording I could try that to see
if I can narrow it down..

 7 -> When watching a in-progress recording, if you're to close to real time
      it sometimes thinks it has come to the end of the recording and exits
      out asking if I want to delete it or not. I think this is a PAL issue
      with some frame counting NTSC vs PAL is off, but I'm not sure. LiveTV
      doesn't seem as affected about this as in-progress, but I've seen it
      happen there too. It didn't exit out then, but rather restarted the
      playback from the beginning of the ringbuffer. During in-progress
      recordings I have to be as much as 10 seconds behind not to trigger
      this.

Not 100% sure about this, but it seemed that way when I tried it on the 350 that
needs offsets and stuff. The GUI size was right, but offsets where'nt in affect.

 8 -> The setup program doesn't honour GUI ofsets.

And then there's some other things, not bugs..

   mythtv todo

 1 -> The OSD menu, go out of it if you press m again.

11 -> Make the setup program ask for language if not defined (first startup).

12 -> Clean up the different styles in the settings (Part 2, Page 2, 1/2 and
      so on). Some places there's . at the end, most places not.

Last  thing  on  my  list: on the delete dialog there's a message2. I think it's
really unnecesarry and just adds text that no-one ever reads. At the top it says
like:  "Do  you  want to delete:" then there's info on what to delete, then just
above  the  different  buttons  it says something like the same thing again, and
then  the  buttons are like: "Yes, delete it".. I really think it's clear enough
without message2 there.

    if (types == 1)
    //    message2 = tr("Delete this recording?");

Anyway, any comments on this? I think it's all I've got.

 -- Best regards, Oscar mailto:oscar.carlsson at home.se