[mythtv] Some bugs (0.15)

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat May 22 10:56:42 EDT 2004

> I know Chris Pinkham said he fixed this in his tree but haven't commited it.
>
>  3 -> "Watch recordings" doesn't update the auto-expire icon if you change it
>       from the info menu.

Yeah, fixed in my tree, I'll try to get this committed this weekend.

> No biggie, just an annoyance..
>
>  6 -> Commflag doesn't seem to start if you stop a recording. [Chris P.]

This is fixed my tree as well.  I have reworked how the commercial flagging gets
started and am using a method similar to how transcoding works.  There is a
CommercialFlagger class instance that gets fired off by the backend and listens
for events.  The recorders and frontend can send start/stop events to tell the
CommercialFlagger to start or stop flagging a program.  This allowed me to do
several things like the above #6 in addition to these:

	* When the master backend starts, it will restart flagging for any
	  recordings that were incomplete when the backend went down.

	* Added a Start/Stop menu button on the playback screen so you can
	  start/stop commercial flagging for a recording.

	* When you delete a recording that is being flagged, the commercial
	  flagging is stopped before the file is deleted.

and maybe a few other things I can't think of right now.  Everything seems to
be working fine with these changes and I plan on upgrading my production system
to current CVS plus this patch tonight to give it one final real-world test
before I commit.

--

Chris