[mythtv] Some bugs (0.15)

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sat May 22 18:48:42 EDT 2004

Oscar Carlsson wrote:
>>>Oops  :) Sorry, this is a pretty old list and I had forgot to remove that item..
>

> BM> No problem. I just wanted to be very sure that we'd really
> BM> squashed this one =).
>
> Well,  sorry again.. Just tried this to verify that it had been fixed.. And it's
> still  broken.  Started  a recording and was able to switch channels without any
> problems.  I'm  using  the  feature that switches channel immediate if it exist,
> dunno if that's the cause of it..

Confirmed. This option does cause some sort of a bug. If I
check this option (it's under General but probably belongs
under Playback) when I press a number for a valid station,
the following happens:

1) the recording restart. The screen flashes, the OSD shows the
record length as the seconds since the flash and I cannot rewind
past that point.

2) The OSD shows the descriptive info for the show on the channel
that was entered. However...

3) it continues to record the station of the scheduled recording.

So it appears that it prevents the channel from changing but it
also need to prevent the encoder from restarting by not allowing
this option to have any affect during record in progress.

--  bjm