[mythtv] Some bugs (0.15)

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat May 22 23:42:54 EDT 2004

> > This is fixed my tree as well.  I have reworked how the commercial flagging gets
> > started and am using a method similar to how transcoding works.  There is a
> > CommercialFlagger class instance that gets fired off by the backend and listens
> > for events.  The recorders and frontend can send start/stop events to tell the
> > CommercialFlagger to start or stop flagging a program.  This allowed me to do
> > several things like the above #6 in addition to these:
>
> Any chance that this is easily extendable to designating a particular
> machine as the commercial flagger?  ie, a master that's low-CPU but is
> chock full of PVR-250 cards handing commercial flagging off to another
> machine?

I just added this functionality to my tree.  Since 0.15 is so close and
I'm making a big change to the way commercial detection is initiated,
I plan on committing these changes after 0.15 is released.  Default will
be to run detection on the host the show was recorded on when automatic
flagging is turned on.  If you re-flag a show using the menu item it will
just run on the master.  If you set the "Commercial Detection Host" to
some other backend then all flagging will run on that backend.

Theoretically with this, I think you could setup a dedicated commercial
detection backend on a machine by running a copy of mythbackend with
no TV cards defined on that server.

--

Chris