[mythtv] Data Direct with multiple lineups

Steve Winslow winslows at comcast.net
Sun May 23 15:05:11 EDT 2004

OK.

I've figured out how to work around the problem, but I had
to manually modify the videosource table in mysql.

When selecting Video Sources under setup, I only get one
choice in the drop down for Data Direct Lineup:
	Comcast - Cable

Even though I have two lineups configured in Zapit.

I went ahead and defined two Video Sources, even though they
both use the only lineup selection I have.

Then, in mysql, I see this:

mysql> SELECT sourceid,name,lineupid FROM videosource;
+----------+-------------------+-----------+
| sourceid | name              | lineupid  |
+----------+-------------------+-----------+
|        1 | Comcast - A Cable | TX53294:B |
|        2 | Comcast - B Cable | TX53294:B |
+----------+-------------------+-----------+
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)
mysql>

Notice that the lineupid for both sources is identical.  It
also happens to be the second of the two channel lineups I
have in Zapit.

I manually changed the lineupid in the table for the A Cable
source to: TX53294:A, which is the correct ID for my
A Cable lineup, and then ran mythfilldatabase.
Once I did that, everything else appears to work OK so far.
I now have the correct guide info.

I suspect there is some kind of parsing error in
setup for extracting the channel lineups for the type of
lineup I have.

I've tried to look at the source(s?) on setup, but I'm not
a C++ programmer, and I haven't been able to make heads or
tails of it yet.

Steve