[mythtv] Which one first -- movie listings or extended weather

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Sun May 23 23:03:54 EDT 2004

I vote for 2. Better weather module is a more useful feature.

tml ) This lets you put in a zipcode and radius and get back a ton of info
on
theatres, showtimes, movie descriptions, pictures, even URLs to purchase
tickets or see the offical movie website.

2) An extended mythweather for the US.  The NWS has several new XML weather
services which let you get far more data beyond that which MSNBC provides.
This includes 3-hourly weather forecasts out to 7 days+.  Basically the kind

of information behind pages like:

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/cle/digital/021afmwk.htm
http://www.erh.noaa.gov/cle/digital/021afm.htm
http://www.srh.noaa.gov/data/forecasts/OHZ021.php

Also, more complete information on watches/warnings/alerts are available in
XML, like this:

http://www.weather.gov/alerts/

Any ideas or preferences here? Hopefully get this in by the time .16 comes
out...