[mythtv] 16/9 vs 4/3 dilemma.

Stephen Davies steve at daviesfam.org
Mon May 24 04:28:49 EDT 2004

On Mon, 24 May 2004, Steve Davies wrote:

> > How do you get that signal included in the TV-out of a PC?
> >
> > Steve
> >
> I don't think that you can - you have to use the appropriate SCART signal pin
> instead (sorry, I don't have details to hand) and therefore build some kind of
> hardware solution.

No - I don't think you can either.  Which takes us back to the
original request from someone for a way to drive that pin.

I do have a simple two-transistor design which takes two bits (I guess
they could come off a serial or parallel port) and makes the 0v/8v/12v
signal.  I originally used it with LCDproc.

I really just posted my question to try to get the person who threw
out the "oh, just use WSS" to actually think before posting.

Steve