[mythtv] 16/9 vs 4/3 dilemma.

Stephen Davies steve at daviesfam.org
Mon May 24 14:40:44 EDT 2004

On Mon, 24 May 2004, Jon Burgess wrote:

> Stephen Davies wrote:
>
> >How do you get that signal included in the TV-out of a PC?
> >

> 1) Locate the TV Out chip on the hardware that you have
>    - Probably a smallish IC made by Brooktree (BT), Conexant, VIA or
> similar. May be displayed in the driver debug output or source.
> 2) Find the datasheet for the chip
> 3) Find the bit that needs to be poked to turn on the WSS signal
> 4) Add code to driver to turn on signal at the right time

Well - I'm the guy who put proper PAL 720x576 and NTSC 720x480 mode
support into the BT869 driver for the Voodoo card - so I'm not
entirely ignorant.

That chip, at least, did not support WSS generation.

My Asus Pundit doesn't seem to support it either.  At least Thomas'
driver for the SIS chip has no support.

Which cards have chips that DO support WSS?

Steve