[mythtv] efficiency of prepared statements in datadirect.cpp

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Tue May 25 01:44:48 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 25 May 2004 01:21 am, Brad Fritz wrote:
> Apologies to the list if I am asking a naive question or one that
> has been covered before.  I am familiar with SAX parsing in Java,
> but have almost zero QT or C++ experience and am still pretty new
> to the mythtv code.  I scanned the datadirect grabber patch thread
> in the archives but didn't seen any discussion of this topic.

Qt's emulating the prepared statements since mysql doesn't support them (or
didn't until very recently), so it's just doing string replacements.  Moving
the prepare elsewhere's only going to save an extremely small amount of time
(ie, a string init).

A quick perusal of the Qt docs on QSqlQuery would have shown this.

Isaac