[mythtv] calling the scheduler

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Tue May 25 01:54:49 EDT 2004

John Patrick Poet wrote:

> My local HDTV stations go off the air occationally due to techincal
> difficulties.  If a show is scheduled to record when the station is off
> the air, the recording fails -- of course.
>
> How do I modify the behavior of Myth, such that when this happens the
> scheduler is notified, so it knows that that tuner is available for
> another task?
>
> For example, a lower priority show could go ahead and record, if a
> conflicing higher priority show is not going to be recorded due to the
> station being "off the air".

Go to TV->Schedule Recordings->Fix Conflicts . For each show that
is scheduled during the 'off the air' period, highlight it, press
Enter (SELECT) and click "Don't record". A second or two later the
item will turn gray and the status column will show "X".

This will do a couple things, like you said, it will free up a
tuner to possibly record another show. Also, if the show you
missed has multiple showings, the scheduler will know it needs
to record it at another time.

If the station comes back sooner than expected, go back to the
conflicts page, hit Enter and choose "Clear Override".

--  bjm