[mythtv] MythTV Suggestor Program

Chris Lee cmlee+myth at leeprinting.com
Tue May 25 22:43:29 EDT 2004

myth_suggest v0.1 (prealpha)

http://sedgemoore.no-ip.org/myth_suggest/

myth_suggest is my first stab at creating a recommendation engine for MythTV that will take your recordings, compare them to others', and make suggestions on upcoming shows that you might like.

Right now, since I have no others' data, the suggestions you will get are from a file of random stuff weighted towards the more popular (i.e. shown) shows in my cable listing over 9 days. The output will be meaningless (the top 2 shows are Sportscenter with 108 and *Three's Company* with 106 showings in 9 days), but I will have your data. The only change to go live would be to start serving the real DB file instead of the static fake one.

Also, you will just get a printout, it won't schedule shows until I'm real comfortable it will behave.

Of course, everything is free. If anybody wants to help out, I am more than willing to let more capable hands take over. I like problem solving but my technical skill level is somewhat less detail-oriented than I would like.

Feedback, suggestions, and general comments are welcomed (somewhat desperately needed, actually).

Thanks,

Chris Lee