[mythtv] [patch] Recording HDTV when no signal causes segfault

Wed May 26 12:05:14 EDT 2004

I see the same behaviour as Wendy.  Started with the switch to 2.6.x kernel
drivers -- at least that is when I first noticed it.

I was going to try and investigate more, before reporting the problem.

I have not tried the 1.3 version of the 2.6.6 kernel driver on the pcHDTV
site yet.

Daniel, I don't think my patch for the segfault should hurt anything -- I
don't see any reason to call JOIN if the thread was never started in the
first place.  I am not sure why you did not see the problem before.  Once
again, I did not notice this problem until after switching to a 2.6 kernel.

John