[mythtv] Recording type bug or feature?

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Thu May 27 21:29:18 EDT 2004

I've been looking at what I still need to do in SecheduledRecording to
support the soon to be merged searches, and maybe also adding a
"simple" mode to replace InfoDialog.  While doing this, I finally got
around to trying something I'd often wondered about.

Choose a program that is on every day.  Then, go to Friday's showing
in the EPG and create a daily recording for it.  Finally, go to
Monday's showing in the EPG and change the recording type to weekly.
The recording is now set to record FRIDAY'S showing every week.

This is understandable since the recording was originally created from
a Friday showing.  However, it can be very confusing since the type
was changed while looking at a Monday showing.  It would make just as
much sense, if not more, if the updated recording was for every Monday
instead of every Friday.

So which behavior is desirable?

David
--