[mythtv] suggestions for setting up a dev environment please.

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Fri May 28 19:40:48 EDT 2004

> So, before I got much further I thought I'd see what others do...
> Do you make/install/debug or make and then debug from srcdir without
> installing?

	I remove all the installed libs, and then symlink the ones
I have just built into the directory of the program I am testing.
e.g.

sudo make uninstall
cd themes
sudo make install
cd ../programs/mythfrontend
ln -s ../../libs/*/lib*.so .
gdb ./mythfrontend

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au | "In this city I confess
Telstra BI&D, Sydney, Australia       |  god is mammon, more is less