[mythtv] Increased cpu usage frontend with .15 and up

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Mon May 31 00:32:06 EDT 2004

On Sunday 30 May 2004 11:50 pm, James  Meyer wrote:
> While watching pre-recorded television   mythfrontend cpu usage seems to
> jump significantly about 20-30 minutes into the viewing. Normal usage for
> me is 20% for  one frontend thread and the rest of the mythfrontend threads
> consume less then 2%. Twenty minutes into the recording two  frontend
> threads jump to 45% usage each,  which will cause  prebuffering pauses.
> Sometimes just moving back to the menu will fix it, other times I need to
> restart the frontend. I do not believe this is the "preview live
> recordings" bug as it happens with or without that option turned off. Also
> this problem did not occur under .14 or cvs about a week before .15's
> release.

Only thing weird in this bt is that it seems to be loading the preview image
from disk, and it shouldn't be doing that.  I've just added code to CVS (the
release-0-15-1 branch, will be merged in to HEAD after I do a release) to try
to keep that from happening.

If that doesn't fix it, you'll need to do some more debugging.  One thing that
would be of help would be to note which threads are using excessive CPU
before breaking in gdb, so I can match up what thread's doing the extra work.

Isaac