[mythtv] Mythbackend: Large ni CPU usage when idle ?

Terry Barnaby terry1 at beam.ltd.uk
Mon Nov 1 21:59:00 UTC 2004

Hi,

I am running the CVS version (2004-10-28) of the mythbackend on a 1G
Celeron system using Fedora 2. The system has two DVB-T cards installed
and I am running a couple of Myth clients on separate machines.
Generally all is working fine. However I have noticed that after viewing
some recordings the mythbackend box is showing the CPU nice usage to
be about 56% using "top". The "top" process listing does not show any
particular process using the CPU in the %CPU column. If I kill and
restart mythbackend nice usage goes down to 0 again until I watch
another recording.

Any ideas on:
1. Why is mythbackend using the CPU with nice priority when idle ?
2. Why does "top" not show mythbackend using the CPU in %CPU ?

Cheers

Terry
--
   Dr Terry Barnaby                     BEAM Ltd
   Phone: +44 1454 324512               Northavon Business Center, Dean Rd