[mythtv] MyThTV with ARTS, please help

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Thu Nov 11 15:56:38 UTC 2004

Esa Nurmi wrote:

> Hi
>
> I've been trying to make MyTh work with ARTS instead of OSS.
>
> So far I always receive the error "Cannot Create AudioOutput"
> at run time.
>
> Are there some special tricks involved ?

Are you using CVS or the last release?  I have made quite a few changes
to the current cvs and tried to fixup the Arts driver, but I haven't
tested the changes much

Basically you need to have artsd running and tested to be working with
some other app.  Apart from that you probably either need to be on the
users list if this is just a setup question, or if it's cvs then send me
some more info so that I can debug it a little

Good luck

Ed W