[mythtv] mythtv CVS Live Tv problems

Alan Gonzalez alandgonzalez at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 18:25:03 UTC 2004

The slow startup seems to have happened between 9/30 and 10/1.

In the startup messages I see:

2004-11-12 13:18:34 Using protocol version 13
2004-11-12 13:18:43 detectInterlace(Detect Scan, Detect Scan, 29.97,
480) ->Interlaced Scan
2004-11-12 13:18:43 Interlaced: Interlaced Scan  video_height: 480  fps: 29.97

As you can tell, it took 9 seconds to go from Using protocol message
to detectInterlace.

The diffs for this day show only ringbuffer.cpp -- going from 1.104 to 1.105

http://cvs.mythtv.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/RingBuffer.cpp?r1=1.104&r2=1.105

Somebody have any insights into what this code is doing?