[mythtv] Thridparty libs in mythgallery patch

Matthew Conway wr0ngers at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 15:48:11 UTC 2004

Hi All,

I did some tweaking of mythgallery over the weekend, but before I
submit the patch here, I thought I'd check and see how I should
resolve a thirdparty dependency the patch requires.

My camera is a canon s400 which has the ability to set an exif flag
for the orientation of the camera when the image was taken.  This
allows one to auto rotate based on this flag.  To get at the exif
info, I just grabbed the first c++ lib I found for reading exif data
(exiv-0.5), and used its api.

Thus, the mythgallery code now has a dependency on this lib.  Should I:
a) Include the exiv src tree in the my mythgallery directory, and have
its configure/make called by mythgallery's make
b) Add a variable which points to this lib, and include it in the
INCLUDEPATH/LIBPATH
c) Something else?

In either case, should dependencies on thirdparty libs always be
shared, or statically linked in?

Just as an FYI, I also added support for movie files to mythgallery -
import now copies them over, thumbnails get generated (mplayer -vo
png), and selecting them plays them (mplayer -fs %s, customizable in
settings).

--

Matthew Conway
w r 0 n g e r s  a t  g m a i l  d o t  c o m