[mythtv] DVB scan and satcodx lists

Marcus Metzler mocm at mocm.de
Tue Nov 16 19:12:36 UTC 2004

Hi,

I just tried the DVB setup of mythtv with the latest patch and apart
from waiting for the CAM which does not exist the channel scan seems
to work. It is a little slow, though.
Since I decided to start working with mythtv now I would like to help
with the DVB development. So my question is, if it has been considered
to use transponder lists from satcodx to help with the DVB-S channel
scans. The NIT scan may be fine for DVB-T or DVB-C where you only have
a few channels compared to DVB-S, but with 4 satellites to scan that
is a little slow and NITs are not aways complete.
So I would like to be able to feed mythtv lists from satcodx or libdvb
or any other scanning program.
If noone is working on that, I would be willing to start with that and
appreciate any suggestions.
I can also help with other problems you may have with DVB. I work or
worked on several DVB card drivers and wrote the first application
examples for the DVB API (like libdvb and dvb-mpegtools).
I don't know much about mythtv yet, so I will have to learn about it's
structure a litte more.

Marcus

| mocm at metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |
 |>>>             Quis custodiet ipsos custodies                 <<<|