[mythtv] [mythdvd] ISO Ripping

jimbo-mythtv at edwardsclan.net jim at e-trans-c.com
Fri Nov 19 20:47:33 UTC 2004

Thor,

	Thanks for the input.  One thought on your comment on libdvdread, as
my understanding of that library, it can't read raw-sectors from the
DVD-Rom.  It does reads at a file-level, reading each file given a title.
This would limit the ISO to only the files associated with the video titles.
The goal here is to get an ISO image, including files not related to the
video structure.  With libdvdcss, I am able to, without having to parse or
mount the FS structure, rip the entire disc.  Is it possible with libdvdread
to have this kind of access?  From my brief review, it does not appear that
way.

Thanks,

Jim Edwards