[mythtv] Black screen after program guide

Roger James roger at beardandsandals.co.uk
Sat Nov 20 14:38:50 UTC 2004

Hi,

Using the current release build of mythtv and the rc2 build of the ivtv
driver on linux-2.6.10.-rc1 and PVR-350 tv out I get a black screen after
exiting the program guide whilst watching live TV.

I can restore the picture by bringing up the on screen menu again. This
shows the menu and the portion of the picture covered by the vertical extent
of the menu. Dismissing the menu restores the full picture.

Bringing up and then dismissing the menu display fixes the problem.

I have tried John Harvey's mythtv patch, but with no success.

Is this a known problem?

Any ideas where I should start looking?

Roger