[mythtv] Black screen after program guide

John Harvey john.p.harvey at btinternet.com
Sat Nov 20 15:05:09 UTC 2004

I've never seen it happen but it's a horrible interaction between the X
driver, the OSD interface in myth and the way the card needs driving. So it
isn't really the fault of myth or ivtv alone but more about myth trying to
overcome shortcoming in the xdriver.
I do have some thoughts about this but not enough time at the moment to make
any progress about fixing them.

 I think saying that its an ivtv issue purely is a bit harsh since its
really caused by the way myth talks to the 350's frame buffer directly for
some things but uses X for others and a race condition between the 2 causing
this behavior.

But I would agree that there is little that you can do about it at the
moment.

John