[mythtv] Another Unichrome/XvMC VLD question

Steven mythmail at richardstraat.homedns.org
Sun Nov 21 12:26:21 UTC 2004

Hi,

Capturing and playing back PAL 720x576 MPEG2 recordings.
Using current CVS code.

If I enable hardware decoding on my EPIA M1000 the deinterlace code
seems to invert the odd and even frames. A least that's what I think is
happening. Newstickers and pan shots seem to bob left and right.

If I disable interlacing newstickers and pan's don't look smooth.

Any idea on how to debug this? Could it have something to do with via or
unichrome mpeg decoder lib versions? (They are both CVS from mid
october)
This is a small snippet from my XFree log:

(II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/via_drv.o
(II) Module via: vendor="The XFree86 Project"
        compiled for 4.3.99.903, module version = 4.1.30
        Module class: XFree86 Video Driver
        ABI class: XFree86 Video Driver, version 0.7

Steven