[mythtv] Another Unichrome/XvMC VLD question

Terry Barnaby terry1 at beam.ltd.uk
Sun Nov 21 19:49:24 UTC 2004

Steven wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Capturing and playing back PAL 720x576 MPEG2 recordings.
> Using current CVS code.
>
> If I enable hardware decoding on my EPIA M1000 the deinterlace code
> seems to invert the odd and even frames. A least that's what I think is
> happening. Newstickers and pan shots seem to bob left and right.
>
> If I disable interlacing newstickers and pan's don't look smooth.
>
> Any idea on how to debug this? Could it have something to do with via or
> unichrome mpeg decoder lib versions? (They are both CVS from mid
> october)
> This is a small snippet from my XFree log:
>
> (II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/via_drv.o
> (II) Module via: vendor="The XFree86 Project"
>         compiled for 4.3.99.903, module version = 4.1.30
>         Module class: XFree86 Video Driver
>         ABI class: XFree86 Video Driver, version 0.7
>
> Steven

Hi Steven,

This could be the problem I have. If so it is an issue with
synchronising MPEG2 frame writes at 25Hz to the TVoutput chips
25Hz frames. I find it can be in-sync or out of sync.

See my notes on (Curruent status):
http://www.kingcot.eclipse.co.uk/unichrome/unichromeTvOut.html

At the moment I do not know of a way to fix this, it seems to
be a hardware oversight ....

Terry
--
   Dr Terry Barnaby                     BEAM Ltd
   Phone: +44 1454 324512               Northavon Business Center, Dean Rd