[mythtv] DVB patch v2.1 DB upgrade problems

Chris Birkinshaw chris at postbox.org.uk
Tue Nov 23 05:18:43 UTC 2004

Quoting Jesper Sörensen <jesper at datapartner.se>:

> Taylor Jacob wrote:
>
> >>Just changed to v2.1 of the DVB patch, however get the following error on
> >>starting myth setup:
> >>

> >>2004-11-20 02:17:59.108 Upgrading to schema version 1059
> >>DB Error (Performing database upgrade):
> >>Query was:
> >>ALTER TABLE capturecard ADD COLUMN dvb_diseqc_type SMALLINT(6);
> >>Driver error was [2/-1]:
> >>QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
> >>Database error was:
> >>Duplicate column name 'dvb_diseqc_type'
> >>

> >These patches are all designed to be installed over a clean myth cvs
> setup..
> >I.E. If you had 2.0 installed you gotta dump the database..
> >

> It's also possible to bypass that step by manually setting the schema
> version:
>
> update settings set data=1059 where value='DBSchemaVer';
>
> Don't do this without taking a look at libs/libmythtv/dbcheck.cpp to
> make sure you understand what's going on though. A good backup is also
> recommended of course... ;-)

In the end I deleted the following from the mythconverg database (clues were in
myth_dvb_patch_v1/dvb_patch_changes.sql):

DiSEqC Type from capturecard

The following from cardinput:
diseqc_port
diseqc_pos
lnb_lof_switch
lnb_lof_hi int(11)
lnb_lof_lo int(11)

The following from channel:
dvb_tid
table channel

And deleted the dvb_transport table altogether.

This was all fairly painless in webmin.

Chris