[mythtv] Commercial flagging on corrupt recording crashes backend?

nate s nate.strickland at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 18:55:11 UTC 2004

Hi.

For the last few weeks, I'd been having my backend crash after running
for about an hour, and recently, I've narrowed it down to the
commercial flagging.  It turns out that due to a seemingly unrelated I
was having, (fixed by either changing ivtv version or updating to the
latest CVS,)  recordings having lots of video artifacts, which
appeared even when played in mplayer.  (not so bad as to be
unwatchable, just noticable.)

For a more complete discription of the original problem (complete with
a backtrace) see here:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/91978 .

Anyways, mythbackend was automatically running commercial flagging on
that corrupt video, and spamming the logs with lots of mpeg2video
errors for about an hour each time I'd start it, and then it would
silently die.  (if I was in the frontend at the time, it just said
"connection to backend unexpectedly lost" or something of that
nature.)

Since then, I have disabled commercial flagging, and the backend has
been running just fine for about 24 hours.

If you need any more info, just let me know.  I still have said video,
and can perform some tests on it if need be, though it is over 2 gigs,
so I don't really have anywhere to host it ;)

Thanks,

-Nate