[mythtv] Anyone looking at the XvMC/OSD glitches?

Stephen Hocking shocking at houston.rr.com
Thu Nov 25 17:30:35 UTC 2004

> On Wed, 24 Nov 2004, Stephen Hocking wrote:
> ]When playing  HDTV live, One can get reliable playback and non-flickery OSDs
> ]by disabling XvMC. However, this makes the CPU requirements insanely high. Has
> ]anyone looked at what it would take to plunk the OSD display into the data
> ]being sent off by the XvMC code, rather than it being dropped on top of it,
> ]causing all sorts of weird interactions?
>
> No one has looked into that. Are you volunteering? :)

Heh! I'm still trying to get on top of what exactly Xv and XvMC does (the doco
in the share/docs area in XFree86 is a little sparse, and googling seems to
just turn up a bunch of people chattering about MythTV - go figure. Do you
know of any online references that explain it all with examples?

	Stephen

PS Are ou the DTK who has those HDTV recording patches I'm currently running?
--
  "I and the public know
  what all schoolchildren learn