[mythtv] transform.c (was: DVB subtitles and TS->PES decoder)

Juha Kuikka juha.kuikka at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 19:23:33 UTC 2004

Yes, and I could drop the rest as I just wrote a TS->PES parser. :)

> I had talked to daniel about the merging of the recorder code, and I had
> determined that Daniel could focus on the stripped TS, and I would eventually

Implementing this on dvbrecorder would only require commenting out few
lines and modifying one. One question I do not know the answer to is
"Can the player code handle TS stream?" and apparently if HDTV code
already does it like this player can handle it.

> (maybe someone else can clean it up) but work on some other format for saving
> the MPEG-TS into PES or PS, which i am not sure which is the better to use.. So

Well, I have a working, quite clean implementatio of TS->PES  parser.
If that is the way to go. TS -> PES conversion has to be done at some
point, question is whether it should be done in recorder of player. I
do not know the pros and cons or either.

> Well if you look at the SIParser class in the patch set I am attempting to mask
> teh differences between ATSC and DVB by putting them into common objects and os
> then the same SQL can be used to shove them into the database..

This concerns the metadata?

 - Juha
--
Juha Kuikka