[mythtv] contrib: myth database optimization

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Nov 30 05:25:50 UTC 2004

Beirdo was chatting in #mythtv-users about how he saved a bunch of disk
space by optimizing his mysql databases.  I happened to have a script
that does this kind of thing, along with repairing any necessary tables,
too.

Anyway, I added in some code from nuvexport to auto-detect the database
parameters from myth's mysql.txt, and posted it here:

http://forevermore.net/files/optimize_mythdb.pl.gz

If there isn't already something like this in contrib, it would be nice
to get this one checked in (or even better, have this kind of
functionality built into myth itself).

-Chris